Sunday, January 15, 2012

Congrats, Siew Mei!



It is always a great pleasure to discover students who have done well and yet still remember the small but significant contributions of other people, e.g. lecturers! So it is very heart-warming when this morning, I hear from one of the many students (i.e. HICT) whom I have given my energy, time and even tears that she has finally graduated! I am talking about Tan Siew Mei who is now in possession of a Bachelor of Science in Business, majoring in Marketing from Southern New Hampshire University, and to cap it, she even received a Gold Key Award for academic achievement! I am proud of you!

Let me bask in this student’s appreciation, even gratitude for a brief sec! Suddenly what Oscar Wilde once said flashed in my mind: “Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result”. I guess I am one of the conditions, hehe!

Anyway, congratulations, Siew Mei! And to all other students at HICT or rather HELP CAT who have graduated and/or are graduating from the Southern New Hampshire University Business programs!

Yet again, Liverpool disappoints because they could only manage a goalless draw with Stoke. In this case, success is elusive because the Reds are goal-shy!

No comments: