Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gone Awry in My 2011 Resolutions



Craig Bellamy scored twice for Liverpool and substitute Steven Gerrard netted another to cap a 3-1 comeback victory over Newcastle in the EPL on Friday.

But it was Newcastle who took the lead with a very lucky goal in the 25th, as Ryan Taylor's cross was headed toward goal by Yohan Cabaye and then deflected off Liverpool defender Daniel Agger to wrong-foot goalkeeper Pepe Reina. Still, Bellamy equalized five minutes later with a low shot into the bottom left corner after a poor clearance fell right at his feet, and added the second with a free kick in the 67th. And finally, Gerrard who came on as a substitute (replacing Charlie Adam) yielded the third goal after running onto a ball from Jordan Henderson and slotting it underneath Toon goalkeeper Tim Krul from a tight angle.

Since I will not be making any more postings until tomorrow, here’s my round-up of my 2011 achievements:

Year 2011 Resolution List

1. Write my Ph D proposal and submit for admission into the program – On hold.
2. Publish three academic/conference papers – Working on two papers but they’re still very much work in progress..
3. Achieve Toastmasters’ recognitions: ALB and ALS – I am already working on my ALS; should complete hopefully in calendar year 2012.
4. Charter Sunway University Toastmasters Club – On hold.
5. Start my second Masters – I finally enrolled with Heriot-Watt University on November 08.
6. Write two short stories and get them published – Work in progress but…
7. Yield 39,000 pageviews for my blog – My pageviews have hit 91,304. Dare I say that my blog is getting popular? I have reason to believe so because if I examine the pageviews I recorded in the last 4 months (September-December 2011), the average is a commendable 7,717.

Again, progress has been dreadfully slow. Perhaps, I have been too ambitious? I reckon that "achievements" are one thing but these resolutions also provide me with a necessary sense of purpose and direction. So although I may have not done that well, I did try and I am still hell-bent on achieving the above!

No comments: