Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Saurian Backpacks



I was at the Taman Indrahana Toastmasters meeting last evening where I was the Evaluator for Kay Wong who delivered her Advanced speech from the Storytelling manual. She is a natural spinner of yarns and every story that she weaved never failed to capture my attention. Even one that had a simple storyline had me hanging on every word. It’s her speaking style – the manner in which she stitched words into her narration and then delicately embellished it with a scatter of French made me marvel at her skill as a wordsmith. Kay, incidentally, was voted the Best Assignment Speaker and Chrristine Ngiam the Best Evaluator. Actually, I liked all the speeches and even the evaluations were excellent. Rarely does one come across a Toastmaster meeting where both speeches and evaluations are first class. Definitely a meeting where the score can only be a pleasureful 8 out of a 10.

Yesterday afternoon, I came across these saurian backpacks for kids on the go. A company called MadPax (Website https://www.madpax.com/store.php
) does a colorful line of cool knapsacks that are covered in soft spikes and available in textured, lizardlike fabrics. I am sure they will look cool on adults too!

No comments: