Sunday, November 20, 2011

Burlesque-themed Dinner

On Saturday, I was at the MIMKL Toastmasters Club meeting to deliver my tenth speech for my CC manual – my fifth round. It was a good speech (titled “Dare to Lose”) although I didn’t have much time to rehearse. I have my usual excuse! I didn’t have time. I gave Yeow Honn the speech title on late Thursday morning. I typed my first draft on Friday afternoon. I made a major revision on Saturday morning. I delivered it on the same day. I am claiming it was a good speech because I did win the Best Assignment Speaker ribbon for my effort. Jamilah Samian was my evaluator and she gave a thorough evaluation that also had two pointers for improvement. It was a good meeting and I would give it a score of an 8 out of a 10.



And Sunway University’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure Management organized a Burlesque-themed dinner. Their students created a flamboyant dining experience accompanied by a song-and-dance show that was entertaining:

No comments: