Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The 99 Percent

I was in Cyberjaya today and I attended the Multimedia University Toastmasters meeting. I took club president Vinodh Menon’s invitation where I accepted the role of General Evaluator. The last time I was there was in December 2010 and I recalled it was just a so-so meeting, if I am to be honest. This time around, I was satisfyingly struck by the splendidness of the meeting venue, the people and the speeches and evaluations – everything happily fell into place. I gave the thumbs-up and even promised to make a return visit. Yes, I would give this meeting a score of an 8 out of a 10.

One of my BMB2203 Entrepreneurship students, Asad Lodhi of Pakistan shares this YouTube video titled “The American Dream”. I instantly loved it and if you listen attentively, you can draw parallels with Malaysia!

“Good honest hard-working people… continue to elect rich ****-suckers who don’t give a fuck about them…” is one truism about Malaysia too. Give this clip a listen and you can appreciate why it is so important to enlighten all the honest hard-working people out there that all of us belong to the 99 percent. That it is time we evict BN from government and business. And that we should get politicans to give back power to the people.

No comments: