The Tung Shin Hospital management had denied malicious allegations that the police fired tear gas canisters and water cannons in the direction of the said hospital during Saturday’s Bersih 2.0 rally. And in a predictable chorus of obstreperous denials, the KL Police Chief, IGP, Health Minister, MCA President & prime minister Najib all blithely sang the same overbearing refrain. The witless Chua Soi Lek even had the cheek to suggest that the police fired the tear gas to protect the patients! (That’s why Chua is the MCA president because only an idiot could contradict himself simultaneously!)
But doctors at Tung Shin are prepared to provide sworn affidavits to disclaim this bunkum from the authorities. “We, the undersigned doctors… would like to clarify the inconvenient truth”.
The doctors said: “We are outraged at the incidents, and the subsequent responses from the authorities, to the events where tear gas and chemical-laced water were shot into the compounds of the Tung Shin and Chinese Maternity Hospitals, two adjacent buildings along Jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, with scant regard for the safety of patients, staff and the general public who were at the buildings that afternoon”.
The eleven doctors who signed the statement refuting the preposterous claims are:
1. Dr Ng Kwee Boon — Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
2. Dr Low Paik See — Consultant Paediatrician
3. Dr Musa Mohd Nordin — Consultant Paediatrician & Neonatologist
4. Dr Mazeni Alwi — Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist
5. Dr David Quek — Consultant Cardiologist
6. Dr Sheikh Johari Bux — Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
7. Dr Steve Wong — Consultant Plastic Surgeon
8. Dr Ahmad Farouk Musa — Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
9. Dr Ng Swee Choon — Consultant Cardiologist
10. Dr Mary Cardosa — Consultant Anaesthesiologist
11. Dr Jeffrey Abu Hassan — Consultant Chest Physician
So who will you believe? The police? The politicians? Or the doctors?