1Q 2010 Progress Report: 2010 Resolution List
2. Start my second Masters (Still to get started)
3. Write my Ph D proposal and submit for approval (Still to get started although the University has been identified)
4. Write two short stories and get them published (To begin in May)
5. Complete 10 ACG-qualifying speeches and achieve Toastmasters’ ACG and ALB recognitions (To begin in April)
6. Teach 1000 hours for period October 2009-September 2010 (As at March 31, I have completed 355 hrs of teaching, i.e. 35.5%)
7. Direct 45,000 visits to my blog (As at March 31, As I See It recorded 24,880 hits, i.e. 55.3%)
The British government announced Monday that party drug mephedrone will be banned in the U.K. within a month, after a spate of deaths were linked to “miaow-miaow” (as it is popularly known here). Home Secretary Alan Johnson said mephedrone – currently freely available to buy on the Internet and in shops selling legal highs – would join amphetamines and cannabis as an outlawed class B drug, the second most dangerous kind.
This is not to be confused with the local version of Miaow-miaow, which is legally sold in Malaysia and does not contain banned substances! What's more, it is safe to eat even if it may be addictive! I am referring to Miaow Miaow Food Products Sdn Bhd, a Malaysian company that produces leisure food for snack lovers under the Miaow Miaow brand name. I sure hope this company doesn't plan to export their products to the UK anytime soon – unless they opt for another brand name that will not make them come under instant suspicion!